The Idaho Council on Economic Education (ICEE) seeks to recognize educators in the state demonstrate excellence in the teaching of economics or financial literacy. This award promotes education in economics by honoring exceptional teachers who effectively convey economic ideas to their students, which will help them make responsible choices throughout their lives and promote the vision on the Council.
- $500 Cash Honorarium
- Paid registration and travel to the National Council on Economic Education’s Annual Conference
- Recognition by ICEE, including newsletters, website, social media, and mailings
- Invitation to present at a rotating workshop to share best practices
- Automatic nomination by ICEE for the national John Morton Excellence in the Teaching of Economics Awards
- This award is open to current K – 12 teachers from any public or private school in Idaho. Applicants must have taught at least one full term in the classroom during the current academic year. Teachers may self-nominate or be nominated by others.
- Teachers of all subjects are encouraged to apply for the award. Applicants must demonstrate how they innovatively integrate economics or financial literacy into their lessons.
- Previous winners are not eligible.
- Applicants who pursue the national award may be required to meet additional eligibility requirements.
- Effectiveness: Applicants should provide examples of effective and innovative methods used to teach economic and/or financial topics.
- Commitment: Demonstrate a commitment to challenging and encouraging students to use economics not only in their education, but also in their lives beyond the classroom.
- Applications must be received by April 30th of each year.
- Cover letter describing your approach to promoting economics and financial education in the classroom.
- An example lesson or other materials related to economics that were used for instruction.
- A letter of recommendation from a teaching colleague, administrator, or former student.
- Please submit applications materials by email as PDF attachments to: email@example.com